The Generation 3.0 event aims to act as an open space a ‘hub’ for both younger and older people to come together and share their views and experiences. In doing so we are opening an open submission for locals, partners, residents and organisations to suggest and host an activity in the ‘afternoons’ of the 5 days (excluding Monday) touching on the subject of race equality:
The activities must be in line with the following specifications:
· Propose activity between 1.30pm-5.30pm
· An activity that will encourage conversation, interactivity and sharing views on race equality and racism
· Involve younger and older people
· Be innovative, creative
· Space is quite small but can accommodate between 20-30 people
If you would to propose an activity in this space please send your proposal and contact details to Riffat Ahmed (Art Manager of Generation 3.0) on:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS Monday 3rd JANUARY 2011.
(*NOTE: The successful proposals will be contacted and allocated onto the program of the event which will take place between MON 24th – FRI 28th JAN 2011)
In partnership with INHABIT, Hybrid Consulting and Harambee we are delighted to announce the launch of Generation 3.0 at the Harriet Tubman Bookshop on 27-29 Grove Lane. Handsworth, Birmingham.
This event will run over 5 days from MON 24th - FRI 28th JAN 2011.
Over the 5 days we will be open to the public, inviting groups of young people from schools, youth groups, older residents as well as community leaders and local MPs to visit this exciting space which will launch:
· A video exhibition displaying all the 70 ‘video testimonies’.
· The launching of our interactive website which will host the films and forum for discussion
· An open space which will act as a ‘hub’ for interaction, inter-generational conversations, workshops for both younger and older people, or just to have a cup of tea and a chat with others about racism and how we can end it within in a generation.
For further information contact directly on 020 7377 9922 or email Riffat@runnymedetrust.org
In partnership with RunnymedeTrust